Friday, July 8, 2011

Replace Cable TV with Roku

I replaced a $190/month cable bill every month with $16/month using Roku.  Honestly, who watches $6 worth of TV a day? I'm still in shock because I feel like I have more options now that I have a Roku and I'm only paying $16 a month between Netflix and Hulu Plus.  The guy at Cox cable kept asking what he could do to keep me as a customer and it all comes down to the price tag, and it's hard to argue that they have a better price.  Plus there's minimal commercials on the Roku.  I did keep the cable modem because Roku does require an internet connection.  We have 2 TVs, and thus 2 Rokus, one using the wireless Roku connection and one connected directly to the network hub and paid $99 + tax at Fry's http://www.frys.com/product/6495502?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG  There is a noticeable delay using the Roku remote control compared to cable, but I am more than okay with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment